Contacts and General Resources
Contact Information for Partners Group
For the 2013-2014 academic year, Oscar Trevino will be serving in the leadership role of the Partners Group. Oscar is the partner of a 2nd year law student. Please feel free to contact him with questions, concerns, or just to say hi and share your contact information so the leaders can keep you updated via email on the Partners Group happenings.
You can also contact Oscar to have your name removed or added to the Partners Group email listserv. We also encourage you to join the VLS Partners Group on Facebook.
While you can feel free to contact Oscar, here is some general information about the area about which many partners frequently ask.
Places for Shopping, Eating, and Entertainment
Located in the village of South Royalton is the bank, post office, laundromat, a few places to eat, the Co-op Market, a convenience store, and a bar. There is also a True Value hardware store, a Brooks Pharmacy, and a gas station just outside of town.
A little ways up Interstate 89 is Randolph, which is slightly bigger than South Royalton. There are some fast food restaurants, sit down restaurants, and a Shaw's grocery store in Randolph.
A little ways south on Route 89 are West Lebanon and Hanover, NH, both of which offer a variety of shopping and restaurants. In West Lebanon there are several large grocery stores (Price Chopper, Shaws, Hannaford, etc.), and also other retail stores such as BJ's Wholsale Club, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, JC Penney, Kohl's, Staples, Home Depot, Pier One, and some smaller shops. There is also a variety of chain and non-chain restaurants such as Chili's, Appleby's, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Wendy's, Panera, Lui Lui's and more.
Hanover, the home of Dartmouth College, offers more boutique-type shops and non-chain restaurants. There are also a few cooperative-type markets in Lebanon/Hanover area as well.
Entertainment opportunities in the Lebanon/Hanover area include movie theaters, a driving range and golf course, and a mini-golf course. Other areas for dining, shopping and entertainment include Montpelier, Barre, and Burlington. The Burlington area has many malls and a variety of other shopping areas as well. Burlington sits right on Lake Champlain, and the city's outdoor market, Church Street, offers top-notch shopping, dining, and cultural events. Montpelier, the capital of Vermont, boasts numerous boutiques and restaurants. And with the New England Culinary Institute located in the city, the food is generally quite good. All of these areas are north of South Royalton on Interstate 89. Additionally, outdoor recreation —skiing, hiking, canoeing, tubing, biking, boating etc.—is just a stone's throw away from the law school!
Travel to and From South Royalton
The surrounding airports are:
- Burlington International Airport—Burlington, VT.
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport—Manchester, NH
- Lebanon Airport—West Lebanon, NH
www.flyleb.com *This is a very small airport with limited flights.
- The Dartmouth Coach runs daily bus service to and from Boston and New York.
www.dartmouthcoach.com—board in Lebanon, NH; Hanover, NH; or New London, NH.
- Amtrak has train stops in Randolph, VT and White River Junction, VT.
- Stagecoach Transportation Services is a public transit commuter service that runs a route from Montpelier, Vermont to Vermont Law School in South Royalton, Vermont. Depending on your location to the bus route, students living outside of South Royalton may have the opportunity to ride the bus versus driving each day. The commuter service also runs other routes serving Orange and Northern Windsor Counties. For more information on where the bus routes are please go to: http://stagecoach-rides.org/89er-north.
Distance of Surrounding Areas From South Royalton
To get a better idea of how far surrounding towns are from South Royalton, here is a list of towns/areas and their approximate distances from SoRo.
- Sharon, Vt. - 5 miles
- Tunbridge, Vt. - 6 miles
- Bethel, Vt. - 8 miles
- Chelsea, Vt. - 13 miles
- Randolph, Vt. - 16 miles
- Stockbridge, Vt - 18 miles
- White River Junction, Vt. - 20 miles
- Quechee/Woodstock, Vt. - 20-25 miles
- Lebanon, N.H. - 23 miles
- Hanover, N.H. - 25 miles
- Montpelier, Vt. - 35 miles
- Burlington, Vt - 70-75 miles
- Concord, N.H. - 85 miles
- Manchester, N.H. - 94 miles
- Boston, Mass. - 145 miles