Message from the Dean of Students
The office of the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Diversity serves as the primary focal point for addressing student needs, issues, and concerns. The associate dean represents the students' perspective to the Vermont Law School community and provides consultation, new program development, assistance and services to students. In addition, the office encourages students to realize their potential as individuals and to be prepared, responsible members of this society. This office is vital to the institution's mission to serve as a center for legal scholarship, research, teaching, and creative endeavor.
The specific functions of the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Diversity's office include but are not limited to:
Promotes programs to ensure that students are properly served within the Vermont Law School community and that procedures are available to address student concerns and resolve grievances.
PROGRAM COORDINATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Initiates the development of new programs and services for students on and off campus and within the Vermont Law School community.
Ensures that publications common to all units of the school are published and distributed to the appropriate constituencies of the Vermont Law School Community. The Vermont Law School Student Handbook is the one major publication used to link the campus community.
Executive Assistant to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Diversity
The Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Diversity has administrative responsibility for the following areas:
- Counseling and Psychological services
- Student Organizations and Leadership Development
- Vermont Law School Student Handbook
- Recreation and Student Athletics
- Fall and Spring Student Orientation Program
- Vermont Law School Notable ALANA Law Student Organizations
- Environmental and Community Service Campus Compact program
- Multicultural and Diversity Resources
- Student Room Reservations
- Student Mailboxes
- Student Bar Association (SBA)
- Campus Bulletin Board Policy