VLS in the News
Month of July
August 31, 2012
- Reuters talked to Professor Michael McCann on July 31 about Lance Armstrong being stripped of his record seven Tour de France wins and handed a lifetime ban by the United States Anti-Doping Agency.
- Vermont Public Radio spoke to incoming Dean Marc Mihaly on July 31 about the challenges and opportunities facing VLS and other law schools.
- Vermont Public Radio talked to Associate Professor Michele Martinez-Campbell on July 27 about gun laws and gun rights in the wake of the mass shooting in Aurora, Colo.
- Reuters spoke with Professor Michael McCann on July 25 about an antitrust class action settlement in which Electronic Arts agreed to pay $27 million and give up the right to certain exclusive licenses.
- The New York Times, CNN, Syracuse Post-Standard, Los Angeles Times, Inside Higher Ed, Missoulian and other media talked to Professor Michael McCann on July 23 about the NCAA sanctions against Penn State for its cover up of child sexual abuse.
- The New York Times and Bloomberg News spoke with Professor Michael McCann on July 17-18 about possible NCAA penalties against Penn State over the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse case.
- WCAX spoke with Professor Cheryl Hanna on July 16 about how the U.S. Supreme Court's recent rulings affect Vermonters.
- Cox Newspapers talked to Mark Cooper on July 14 about the delays and cost increases at the nation's first two nuclear reactor projects to be built in 30 years. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- In his July 12 column in Sports Illustrated/SI.com and interviews with Bloomberg News, the Los Angeles Times and other media, Professor Michael McCann analyzed the Freeh report on the child sexual abuse scandal at Penn State.
- The National Journal spoke with Adjunct Professor Peter Bradford on July 11 about a nonproliferation activist's request that the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission open a final board hearing to the public before approving a license for the nation's first commercial laser-enrichment facility.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette talked to Professor Michael McCann on July 10 about the Penn State child sexual abuse scandal.
- The Tampa Bay Times spoke with Mark Cooper on July 8 about the merger between Progress Energy and Duke Energy to form the nation's biggest power company. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- CBS News, ESPN, Yahoo! Sports, Huffington Post, Montreal Gazette, El Nuevo Dia (Puerto Rico), Auckland Stuff (New Zealand) and other media carried an Associated Press story July 5 quoting Professor Michael McCann on a federal judge's dismissal of cyclist Lance Armstrong's lawsuit against the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. McCann also wrote about the issue in his July 9 column in Sports Illustrated/SI.com.
- Vermont Public Radio spoke to Professor Pat Parenteau on July 3 about a permit the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant needs to release hot water into the Connecticut River.
- Common Dreams reported July 2 on the upcoming release of Professor Gus Speth's book "America the Possible - Manifesto for a New Economy".