VLS in the News
Week of April 11
April 18, 2011
- The Washington Post and many other news outlets across the U.S. and Canada ran an Associated Press story April 17 quoting Professor Pat Parenteau on Congressional intervention in the battle over protecting gray wolves in the Northern Rockies.
- The New Haven Register (Conn.) talked to Professor John Echeverria on April 16 about American Electric Power v. Connecticut, a case before the U.S. Supreme Court in which coal-fired utilities are being sued for contributing to climate change.
- The National Journal spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on April 16 about Congress' failure to pass or overhaul any major environmental legislation since the 1990s.
- In an April 16 story carried by CBS News, ABC News, New York Post, Denver Post and other media nationwide, the Associated Press spoke with Professor Michael McCann about whether home run king Barry Bonds will appeal his conviction for obstruction of justice.
- The Huffington Post carried an April 15 op-ed by Professor Oliver Goodenough about the benefits of paying taxes.
- Mother Jones talked to Professor Pat Parenteau on April 15 about a clash between tribes and solar energy developers in the West.
- In an April 14 story carried by The New York Times, International Herald Tribune, Huffington Post and hundreds of other news outlets nationwide, the Associated Press talked to Professor Pat Parenteau about Congress intervening in the fight over protecting gray wolves in the Northern Rockies.
- Treehugger.com, one of nation's most prominent green blogs, favorably reviewed Professor Jason Czarnezki's new book, "Everyday Environmentalism: Law, Nature, and Individual Behavior," on April 14.
- Legal Talk Network spoke with Professor Michael McCann on April 14 about the NFL labor dispute.
- In an April 14 story carried by CBS Sports, Huffington Post, South China Morning Post and hundreds of other media outlets, the Associated Press spoke with Professor Michael McCann about whether prosecutors will refile charges against Barry Bonds. His SI.com column was cited by Sports Journalism Today.
- In his April 13 commentary in Sports Illustrated, Professor Michael McCann discussed the verdict in the perjury trial of Barry Bonds. He also talked to the Dan Patrick Show, CBS Radio Baltimore, Fox Sports Radio, NPR Los Angeles affiliate KPCC, Sirius MLB Network, Sirius Mad Dog Network, Sporting News Radio, WNST Baltimore and ESPN Radio Denver.
- The National Journal Daily spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on April 13 about Republican efforts to restrict the EPA's ability to regulate greenhouse gas emissions.
- Powder Magazine included Ben Leoni '11 in an April 13 article and photos about skiing in New England.
- In a commentary on Vermont Public Radio on April 12, Dean Jeff Shields discussed Vermont's proposal for a single-payer health care system.
- WCAX talked to Professor Jason Czarnezki on April 11 about his new book, "Everyday Environmentalism: Law, Nature, and Individual Behavior."