VLS in the News
Week of April 2
April 9, 2012
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch cited Mark Cooper's research in an April 8 editorial on the costs and safety of nuclear power. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- The Valley News reported April 8 on the Global Activism on LGBTI Issues conference hosted by the International and Comparative Law Program, Alliance, and International Law Society.
- CNN spoke with Alex Manning '06 on April 7 about the death of Trayvon Martin, a Florida teen-ager shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer.
- ESPN-W spoke with Associate Professor Brian Porto on April 7 about myths associated with Title IX and on April 3 about the difficulties that women face in coaching college sports since the advent of Title IX.
- George Washington Law Professor Jonathan Turley, a nationally respected lawyer and legal educator who handles high profile cases, praised Professor Cheryl Hanna's constitutional law students in his prominent blog after he gave a talk on morality and the law at VLS.