VLS in the News
Week of April 25
May 2, 2011
- vtdigger.org and the Burlington Free Press reported May 1 on Ben Leoni '11 winning a Burton Award, the highest honor in legal writing in the United States.
- Face the Nation host Bob Schieffer and Politico mentioned Vermont Law School on May 1 in farewells to the show's executive producer, Carin Pratt, who is joining her husband, Professor John Echeverria.
- The New York Times carried a ClimateWire article on April 29 that included Mark Cooper discussing the profitability of older nuclear power plants. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- In his Sports Illustrated columns on April 29, April 28 and April 25, Professor Michael McCann discussed the latest developments in the NFL labor dispute.
- Wapa TV, El Nuevo Dia, El Reportero Las Vegas, Telemundo Channel 2, Noticel, Puerto Rico Daily Sun and other media reported April 28 on the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Clinic's opposition to a controversial natural gas pipeline proposal in Puerto Rico.
- Vermont Public Radio aired a commentary by Assistant Professor Don Kreis on April 28 about food co-ops in Hanover and across Vermont.
- Vermont Business Magazine and vtdigger.org ran an op-ed by Professor Cheryl Hanna on April 27 about a U.S. Supreme Court case, Sorrell v. IMS Health Inc., which involves a Vermont law that restricts the use of doctors' prescription records for marketing purposes.
- Seven Days talked to Professor Cheryl Hanna on April 27 about Vermont's effort to shut down the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- The Burlington Free Press spoke with Professor Cheryl Hanna on April 26 and April 27 about the Sorrell v. IMS Health Inc. case argued before the U.S. Supreme Court. She also talked to WCAX and the Mark Johnson Show on WDEV.
- In his Sports Illustrated column on April 26, Professor Michael McCann discussed how the NFL labor dispute could affect the NBA's labor strategy.
- The New York Times, NPR, USA Today, Huffington Post, ESPN, Miami Herald and other media nationwide carried an Associated Press story quoting Professor Michael McCann on April 25 discussing an ethics investigation involving an NCAA panel and the Fiesta Bowl.
- Professor Pat Parenteau spoke with Brattleboro Reformer and WFCR on April 25 about Vermont's efforts to prevent the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant from operating beyond 2012.
- New Hampshire Public Radio had Assistant Professor Don Kreis as a guest April 25 for a discussion of energy schisms from NIMBYism.