VLS in the News
Week of April 4
April 11, 2011
- Dean Jeff Shields looked at the latest Census patterns in the Upper Valley in Vermont and New Hampshire in a letter to the editor in the Valley News on April 10.
- BusinessGreen cited Mark Cooper's research into the costs of nuclear power in an April 10 story. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- In an op-ed in Sentidos Comunes (a Chilean online magazine) on April 10, Alejandro Hernández González '13 discussed the start of campaigning for the 2012 U.S. elections and possible repercussions of a Republican presidential win on America's foreign policy toward Latin America.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer spoke with Professor Michael McCann on April 9 about the prospects for all-time hits leader Pete Rose getting into the baseball Hall of Fame.
- An Associated Press story April 8 about the Law Students for Reproductive Justice's vigil against violence was carried by the Boston Globe and other media.
- In his Sports Illustrated column on April 6 and a CBS Radio Baltimore interview April 7, Professor Michael McCann discussed home run king Barry Bonds' perjury trial.
- Professor Pat Parenteau talked to the Brattleboro Reformer on April 6 and April 8 about the looming federal-state showdown over the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- Carl Ponce '97 discussed the political realities in Peru and Nicaragua in an op-ed in the Latin American Herald Tribune on April 6.
- The Huffington Post talked to Professor Pat Parenteau on April 4 about stalled efforts to improve mine safety laws one year after the accident at the Upper Big Branch mine in West Virgina.
- The Los Angeles Times discussed legal issues surrounding the Dodgers' owners with Professor Michael McCann on April 4. The story was picked up by a number of news outlets nationwide.
- In an interview with CNN on April 5 and in his Sports Illustrated column on April 4, Professor Michael McCann discussed the NFL labor dispute.
- The Associated Press spoke withProfessor Michael McCann on April 4 about Barry Bonds' perjury trial. The story was carried by Forbes and more than 165 other news outlets nationwide.
- The Brattleboro Reformer reported April 4 on the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Clinic's effort to get state officials to review Vermont Yankee's water discharge permit.