VLS in the News
Week of Aug. 8
August 15, 2011
- The New York Times, FOX News, Forbes, BusinessWeek, Salon, Huffington Post, CBS MoneyWatch, Inside Higher Ed, Yahoo! News (in the U.S. and overseas), Stars and Stripes, Boston Globe, Vermont Public Radio, Valley News and other media carried an Associated Press story Aug. 14 about VLS's plan to allow military recruiters back on campus when the "don't ask, don't tell" law's repeal becomes effective in September.
- The Wyoming Tribune Eagle spoke Aug. 12 with Professor Pat Parenteau about a congressional proposal to prohibit lawsuits over ending federal protection for gray wolves in the Northern Rockies.
- WAMC Northeast Public Radio talked to Assistant Professor Don Kreis on Aug. 11 about the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's decision requiring Entergy to pay $40 million to the decommissioning fund for its Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- The Observer-Reporter (Penn.) reported Aug. 10 on the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Clinic's involvement in a proposed waste coal-fired power plant in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- The Macon Telegraph (Ga.) ran a McClatchy Newspapers story Aug. 10 talking to Professor Mark Latham about Republican efforts to block federal regulations that protect the environment.
- Wind Today and other media cited Mark Cooper's research in an Aug. 9 report by the American Wind Energy Association about U.S. wind energy. Cooper is a senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.