VLS in the News
Week of Feb. 14
February 21, 2011
- The Aspen Daily News profiled former VLS Trustee Gail Nichols '80 on Feb. 20.
- A Trenton (N.J.) Times op-ed on Feb. 20 discussed a student's lawsuit against VLS.
- Professor Cheryl Hanna talked to the Burlington Free Press on Feb. 19 about the Vermont Supreme Court's ruling that a Vermont man was exercising his protected free-speech rights when he "ranted" against presidential candidate Barack Obama in 2008.
- The Valley News included Professor Jim May in a Feb. 19 story about his mother turning 100 years old.
- Vermont Public Radio, WPTZ, WCAX, vtdigger.org, Vermont Business magazine and other media reported Feb. 17-18 on the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Clinic's petition asking the state to better protect the Connecticut River's fish population from the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- WNST Baltimore Sports Radio spoke with Professor Michael McCann on Feb. 16 about the legal woes of Barry Bonds and other sports law issues.
- Kevin Jones, VLS's smart grid project leader, called on Vermont to adopt a far-reaching renewable energy portfolio in a Feb. 17 op-ed column in the Rutland Herald.
- In his latest Sports Illustrated column Feb. 16, Professor Michael McCann discussed the obstacles that Michael Jordan would face in returning as an NBA player. The column was discussed by the Polish news outlet Onet.
- WEEI Radio spoke with Professor Michael McCann on Feb. 16 about the legal woes of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens and other sports law issues.
- The Twin Cities (Minn.) Daily Planet and other media reported reported Feb. 15 on Mark Cooper's testimony to Minnesota legislators on the high costs of nuclear power. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- Brownfield: Ag News for America and other agriculture media nationwide reported Feb. 15 on the appointment of Chris Adamo '04 as staff director of the U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee.
- Forbes, Bloomberg News, Yahoo! Finance, the Burlington Free Press and other media on Feb. 14-15 reported Ron Shem's '85 appointment as chairman of the Vermont Natural Resources Board. He was consulting and supervising attorney for the VLS Land Use Clinic.
- ESPN and Powder magazine included Ben Leoni '11 in recent stories on skiing in New England.