VLS in the News
Week of Feb. 28
March 7, 2011
- Many media outlets consulted with Professor Michael McCann on March 4 about the NFL labor crisis, including the BBC News, Wall Street Journal, ESPN Boston, Tony Kornheiser's ESPN Radio Show, NPR Boston affiliate WBUR, CBS Radio Baltimore, CBS Radio Los Angeles, CBS Radio New York, KXSC Los Angeles, Atlanta Radio 790 The Zone, Baltimore Sports Radio WNST, ESPN Radio Charleston (W.Va.), New Jersey Star-Ledger and Breaking News International News Portal.
- Meredith Crafton '12, a former world and national jump rope champion, was pictured in a Valley News story about the One Planet after-school programs where she teaches jump rope.
- Professor Susan Apel, who is on sabbatical in Paris, discussed her love-hate relationship with technology in inTravel Magazine.
- Professor Michael Dworkin was mentioned in a Vermont Business Magazine story March 4 about the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- Professor Michael McCann talked to the Independent Florida Alligator on March 4 about college eligibility rules for Major League Baseball and the NBA.
- The St. Albans Messenger mentioned Professor Cheryl Hanna in a March 3 story about an ACLU lawsuit against the town of Franklin for opening town meetings with a prayer.
- In his latest Sports Illustrated column, Professor Michael McCann wrote about the NFL labor crisis on March 3. The column was cited the AM Law Daily.
- Professor Cheryl Hanna was mentioned the Valley Advocate March 3 and Vermont Today March 6 in stories about the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last year that corporations have the right to free speech and to spend freely to influence elections.
- Vermont Business Magazine, the Rutland Herald and Burlington Free Press reported March 3-4 on a Vermont judge's decision to vacate a marble processing facility's final solid waste disposal certification. The Environmental and Natural Resources Law Clinic represents Residents Concerned about Omya in its efforts to protect groundwater quality.
- In Sports Illustrated's and CBS News' groundbreaking project March 2 on college football and crime, Professor Michael McCann contributed legal analysis and investigative work, especially regarding the Freedom of Information Act.
- Mark Cooper discussed "nuclear socialsm" and the cost of new new nuclear plants with the San Antonio Current on March 2. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- Professor Michael McCann analyzed the upcoming perjury trial of home run king Barry Bonds in his Sports Illustrated column March 1.
- MSNBC, Yahoo! Finance, Daily Finance and other media outlets nationwide ran an Associated Press story Feb. 28 in which Professor Pat Parenteau discussed Native American groups' opposition to fast-tracked solar energy projects in the West.
- The Burlington Free Press reported Feb. 28 on Margaret Martin Barry's appointment as acting associate dean for Clinical and Experiential Programs.