VLS in the News
Week of Jan. 10
January 18, 2011
- VLS' global reputation for environmental law was explored by the Burlington Free Press on Jan. 16.
- Yahoo! Sports interviewed Professor Michael McCann on Jan. 14 about the legal implications of a college basketball spectator being removed from his seat behind the other team's bench. The National Examiner also reported on the controversy.
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer spoke with Professor Michael McCann on Jan. 14 about conflict-of-interest concerns involving a sports agent and the Cleveland Browns.
- The Burlington Free Press quoted Professor Cheryl Hanna in a Jan. 13 story about the dismissal of charges in a case involving a sawed-off shotgun.
- Professor Michael McCann was interviewed on G. Gordon Liddy's syndicated radio show Jan. 12 about the legality of college football's Bowl Championship Series.
- Legal Broadcast News spoke with Professor Michael McCann on Jan. 12 about a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against quarterback Brett Favre and the New York Jets.
- VPR talked with Assistant Professor Don Kreis on Jan. 11 about several large upcoming projects that will shape Vermont's energy future.
- The Dallas Morning News spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on Jan. 11 about Texas' and other states' legal challenge to the EPA's greenhouse gas regulations. The story also ran in Downstream Today, Energy Central and other news and industry outlets.
- Professor Cheryl Hanna talked to WCAX and the Burlington Free Press on Jan. 11-12 about the potential for a murder charge being filed against a repeat drunk driver accused in a fatal accident.