VLS in the News
Week of June 20
June 28, 2011
- Vermont Public Radio, the Burlington Free Press, Valley News, Vermont Business Magazine and Associated Press reported June 24 on Dean Jeff Shields' announcement that he will retire in August 2012.
- WCAX talked to Professor Michael Dworkin on June 24 about another Canadian company's acquisition bid for CVPS.
- Forbes, CNBC, Yahoo! Finance News in Singapore, the United States, Malaysia and Philippines, and other media ran an Associated Press story on June 23 in which Professor Michael Dworkin discussed Gaz Metro's acquisition bid for CVPS.
- Northeast Public Radio and WCAX talked to Professor Cheryl Hanna on June 23-24 about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in favor of drug manufacturing data miners who say a Vermont law violated their First Amendment rights.
- The New Republic spoke June 23 with Professor Michael McCann about the NBA draft and high school eligibility.
- VTDigger.org carried a June 23 op-ed by professors Cheryl Hanna and Pamela Vesilind about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Sorrell v. IMS Health Inc.
- Vermont Public Radio, WPTZ, ABC 22, FOX44, WCAX and other media spoke with professors Pat Parenteau and Don Kreis on June 22-23 about a preliminary injunction hearing in the federal lawsuit over the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- The Radio Ecoshock Show talked to Adjunct Professor Peter Bradford on June 22 about what Japan's nuclear disaster means for U.S. nuclear energy.
- VTDigger.org ran a June 22 op-ed by Professor Jackie Gardina about the U.S. House Armed Services Committee's amendment that would make the repeal of the "don't ask, don't tell" law more difficult.
- The New York Times carried a Greenwire story on June 21 quoting Professor Pat Parenteau on U.S. Supreme Court's ruling finding that states can not invoke federal common law to limit greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Associated Press reported June 21 on the "Brown to Green 2011" brownfields redevelopment conference at Vermont Law School. The story was picked up by WCAX, WPTZ, WGGB Abc40/FOX 6, Burlington Free Press and other media.
- The Burlington Free Press reported June 21 on a Vermont Law School faculty panel on the Vermont Yankee lawsuit.
- The Associated Press, Living on Earth and Northeast Public Radio spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on June 20-21 about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in a climate change suit involving public nuisance law. The story was picked up by Vermont Public Radio, the Providence Journal (R.I.), FOX44 and other media.
- Lacey Cochart '12 co-wrote an op-ed in the Los Angeles Daily News about the benefits of urban agriculture.