VLS in the News
Week of Sept. 5
September 12, 2011
- The Associated Press, whose Sept. 11 story was carried by The New York Times, Huffington Post, CBS MoneyWatch, Yahoo! News (in the U.S. Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore), CNBC, Boston Globe and other media nationwide, spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau about the start of the Vermont Yankee federal trial.
- Sentidos Comunes (Chile) carried a Sept. 11 op-ed by Alejandro Hernández González '13 about the tenth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States.
- The Rutland Herald talked to Professor Jim May and Assistant Professor Kat Garvey on Sept. 10 about VLS clinical students helping Irene victims with FEMA paperwork and legal assistance.
- Seven Days talked to Geoff Hand '03 on Sept. 9 about his volunteering to help Tropical Storm Irene victims to fill out FEMA paperwork.
- The Street, Reuters, Yahoo! News and other media nationwide reported Sept. 7 on Adjunct Professor Peter Bradford and other nuclear experts marking the six-month anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan.
- Law360 spoke with Adjunct Professor Jack Tuholske on Sept. 7 about whether Nebraska has the power to reroute a proposed Canadian oil sands pipeline that would cross the third-largest aquifer in the U.S.
- Sports Illustrated's SI.com Video talked to Professor Michael McCann on Sept. 7 about what a legal threat from Baylor does to Texas A&M's hopes of moving to the SEC conference.