VLS in the News
Weeks of April 9, April 16
April 23, 2012
- Vermont Public Radio reported April 20 on the Vermont Journal of Environmental Law's symposium on managing floodwaters and other environmental impacts in the wake of Tropical Storm Irene.
- In The New York Times on April 17, in his Sports Illustrated column on April 16 and on CNN (here and here) on April 16, Professor Michael McCann discussed the steroids retrial case of former baseball star Roger Clemens.
- The Missoulian (Montana) spoke with Adjunct Professor Jack Tuholske on April 16 about a potentially groundbreaking railroad lawsuit in California that could reverberate nationwide.
- A Jakarta Post (Indonesia) commentary on fuel subsidies and energy sustainability on April 16 cited research byAssociate Professor Benjamin Sovacool.
- The Times Argus/Herald had an article April 15 by VLS's smart grid team—Kevin Jones (smart grid project leader), Rebecca Wigg (smart grid fellow) and Allie Silverman '12 (research associate)—about the adoption of smart grid technology across Vermont.
- Sports Illustrated had an April 13 article co-authored by Professor Michael McCann, with assistance from Jon Hamlin '10, about former University of Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino trying to sidestep school guidelines to hire his mistress as the team's player development coordinator.
- New England Public Radio talked to Professor Pat Parenteau on April 13 about the proposed cleanup of the Housatonic River.
- USA Today, whose story ran April 15, and the Associated Press, whose April 12 and April 16 stories ran in The Washington Post, FOX News, Politico, The Guardian (United Kingdom), ABC News, CBS Sports, Sports Illustrated, Globe and Mail (Toronto), ESPN, Univision and hundreds of other media worldwide, talked to Professor Michael McCann about the steroids retrial case of former baseball star Roger Clemens.