VLS in the News
Weeks of Nov. 14-21
December 14, 2011
- In his Sports Illustrated column Nov. 26, Professor Michael McCann discussed the tentative labor agreement between NBA owners and players.
- The Mark Johnson Show WDEV FM 96.1 and WGDR's Gathering Peace spoke to Associate Professor Jennifer Taub on Nov. 21-22 about a constitutional amendment to ban corporate personhood.
- The Rutland Herald talked to Associate Professor Michele Martinez Campbell on Nov. 20 about a self-defense claim in an attempted burglary.
- ESPN's Radio's Miami affiliate spoke to Professor Michael McCann on Nov. 18 about child abuse allegations against a Syracuse University basketball coach.
- SNL Financial, Smart Grid News, Smart Meters, Public Power Daily, Renew Grid, Power Engineering and other media reported Nov. 17 on an Institute for Energy and the Environment study's early findings that smart grid projects can not reach their potential without unprecedented collaboration between government, industry and academia.
- VTDigger ran an op-ed Nov. 17 by Assistant Professor Don Kreis on the dispute over wind turbines planned for a Vermont mountaintop.
- WCAX spoke to Professor Cheryl Hanna on Nov. 16 about the Occupy Burlington protesters and the constitutionality of Christmas decorations in public places.
- Seven Days profiled Professor Gus Speth on Nov. 16, including his role in protesting the Keystone XL oil pipeline proposal.
- In his Sports Illustrated column, the Japanese TV show "Tokudane!" (Fuji Television Network), CBS News' Pittsburgh affiliate, Toronto 590 AM, Dallas 1310 AM, WNIO 1390 AM (Youngstown, Ohio) and other media on Nov. 15-19, Professor Michael McCann discussed how the Penn State sexual abuse scandal could be affected by a TV news interview with the accused child molester.
- The International Business Times (United Kingdom) reported Nov. 14 on an Institute for Energy and Environment study that found the United States' energy security won't improve if the nation switches from oil to coal for most of its electricity and transportation needs.
- NBA TV (here, here and here), Sports Illustrated/CNN Video, NBA News, Boston Globe, (Boston Globe again) Los Angeles Times, Salt Lake City Tribune, Cleveland Plain Dealer, National Review and SB Nation spoke with Professor Michael McCann on Nov. 14-21 about the NBA labor negotiations.
- The Cutting Edge talked to Professor Michael McCann on Nov. 14 about Congressional involvement in sports.