JD, Harvard University, 1992;
BA, Kalamazoo College, 1988
Awards and Affiliations
- Phenomenal Faculty Woman of the Year Award, Vermont Law School Women’s Law Group, presented to a woman on the faculty who improves the lives of other women through teaching, service, and scholarship, 2005 and 2008.
- Honorary Schweitzer Fellowship, for demonstrated commitment to the Albert Schweitzer program, 2006.
- Fellow, Snelling Center for Government, Vermont Leadership Institute, Class of 2002. A ten- month professional development program that brings together leaders from throughout the state to explore leadership and policy issues.
- Vermont Law School Student Bar Association Service Award, presented in recognition of a commitment and dedication to the student body, 1999 and 2007.
- Margaret R. Williams Emerging Professional Award, presented by the Vermont Women in Higher Education to a woman in higher education in the early stages of her career who demonstrates excellence in her professional contributions and shows promise and potential for future contributions, 1998.
- Irving R. Kaufman Fellowship, presented by Harvard Law School, awarded to young lawyers who show exceptional promise in public interest law, 1993.
Teaching at VLS:Professor at Vermont Law School since 1994.
Leadership and Service:
- Legal Analyst, WCAX-3 News.
- Member, Council for the Future of Vermont.
- Board Member, Snelling Center for Government.
- Board Member, Girl Scout Council of Vermont.
- Honorary Associate, Vermont Center for Research on Vermont, University of Vermont.
- Board Member, Dhatri Health Services for Women.
- Board Member, Planned Parenthood of Northern New England.
- Member, Statewide Planning Committee, Vermont Women in Higher Education.
- Advisor, Albert Schweitzer Foundation Fellowships.
- Member, Vermont Gender Bias Study Implementation Task Force.
- Chair, Vermont Equal Access and Fairness in the Courts Committee, subcommittee on Family and Pro Bono Activities.
- Chair, Association of American Law Schools, Section on Law and Social Science.
- Visiting Professor of Law, Hastings College of Law, 2000 – 2001.
- Assistant State’s Attorney, Baltimore City, 1993 – 1994.
- Staff, Clinton/Gore Democratic Presidential Campaign, Maryland, 1992.