JD, Stanford University, 1978;
AB, Princeton University 1974
- Schmidt, Nonprofit Law: The Life Cycle Of a Charitable Organization (Wolters Klower, Aspen Elective Series, 2011).
- Schmidt, Teachers Manual to Nonprofit Law: The Life Cycle Of a Charitable Organization (Wolters Klower, Aspen Publishing, 2011)
- Schmidt, Creating Shared Value in the Hybrid Venture Arena: A Business Model Innovation Perspective (with Juan Florin), 2 J. Social Entrepreneurship (Oct.2011)
- Schmidt, Vermont's Social Hybrid Pioneers: Early Observations and Questions to Ponder, Vermont Law Review (Dec. 2010)
- Schmidt, Don't Let the New Form 990 Catch You Flat-Footed, Charity Channel's Nonprofit Boards And Governance Review, (Sept. 17, 2008),http://www.charitychannel.com/articles/article-categories/nonprofit-boards-and-governance-review/article/2236/bioid/2014/xmid.aspx
- Schmidt and Bonbright, Taking Evaluation Seriously-Still a Way to Go, Alliance Magazine, Dec. 2007 (Dec. 2007), http://www.alliancemagazine.org/node/258.
- Schmidt and Bonbright, The Mixed Impact of Impact Evaluation, ALLIANCE MAGAZINE ONLINE, Dec. 2007 (Dec. 1, 2007), http://www.alliancemagazine.org/online/html/0712-Impact.pdf.
- Schmidt, Williamsburg Area Community Indicators (Historic Triangle Funders Forum, 2005, updated 2006)
- Schmidt, Surry County Needs Assessment (Office on Youth Substance Abuse, Surry County, Virginia 2007)
- Schmidt, Policies and Procedures: The Nuts and Bolts that Prevent Nonprofits from Crashing, Nonprofit Boards And Governance Review, http://www.charitychannel.com/articles/article-categories/nonprofit-boards-and-governance-review/article/2125/bioid/644/xmid.aspx (Oct. 20, 2005)
- Schmidt, Don't Bite the Hand that Feeds You, Charity Channel's Grants And Foundations Review, http://www.charitychannel.com/articles/article-categories/grants-and-foundations-review/article/1806/bioid/644/xmid.aspx (July 20, 2005)
- Schmidt, How Ethical is Your Nonprofit Organization? http://www2.guidestar.org/rxa/news/articles/2004/how-ethical-is-your-nonprofit-organization.aspx (Nov. 2004)
- Schmidt, Fundraising: What Laws Apply? http://www2.guidestar.org/rxa/news/articles/2003/fundraising-what-laws-apply.aspx (July 2003)
- Schmidt, Joining a Nonprofit Board in a Post Enron World, http://www2.guidestar.org/rxa/news/articles/2003/joining-a-nonprofit-board-in-a-post-enron-world.aspx (March2003)
- Schmidt, Case Study: Electronic Field Trips to Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia, Museum Practice, vol. 3, p. 50 (1998)
- Schmidt, Learning from Electronic Field Trips, Journal Of Museum Education, p. 10 (Winter 1997)
- Schmidt, Backdraft, An Electronic Field Trip from Colonial Williamsburg, Education Satlink, p. 8 (March 1997)
- Schmidt, Don't Wanna Slave No More, an Electronic Field Trip from Colonial Williamsburg, Education Satlink, p. 6 (November 1997).
- Schmidt, Electronic Field Trips to Colonial Williamsburg, Colonial Williamsburg (Winter 1996-1997).
- Schmidt, Treatment Decisions for Premature and Severely Disabled Newborns: Hard Cases Make Bad Law, in The Beginnings Of Human Life: Medical, Legal, And Ethical Issues, eds. F. Beller and Robert Weir (Kluwer Academic Publisher, Amsterdam, 1994).
- Medicine, Ethics, And The Law: From Conception To Birth (Women Judges Fund for Justice, Washington, DC, 1992).
- Rendleman and Schmidt, Conflicts, in Family Law And Practice In Virginia (Virginia Law Foundation,1986)
- Birth Defective Infants: A Standard for Nontreatment Decisions, 30 Stanford Law Review 599 (1978)
- Lost Among The Lost Generation: Six American Women In Paris, 1974, on file at Firestone Library, Princeton