Geoffrey B. Shields
Professor of Law
JD, Yale Law School, 1972;
BA, in economics, magna cum laude, Harvard College, 1967
Books and Chapters
- With Debra J. Schnebel, "Ch. 22, Financing of Health Care Facilities," in Health Care Administration – Planning, Implementing, And Managing Organized Delivery Systems (3d ed., Aspen Publishers, Inc. 1999).
- With Debra J. Schnebel, "Financing of Health Care Facilities," in Health Care Administration – Principles and Practices (revised ed., Aspen Publishers, Inc. 1993).
- Editor, Equity Financing For Health Care Institutions (Aspen Publishers, Inc. 1991).
- "Hospital Capital Formation: Strategies and Tactics for the 1990s," in Mergers and Acquisitions, (Alden T. Solovy, ed., American Hospital Association 1991).
- With Debra Schnebel, "Financing of Health Care Institutions," in Health Care Administration: Principles and Practices (Aspen Publishers, Inc. 1987).
- With James L. Elrod and Judson T. Bergman, Merging Health Care Institutions: A Guidebook for Buyers and Sellers (American Hospital Association 1987).
- Debt Financing and Capital Formation in Health Care Institutions (Aspen Publishers, Inc. 1983).
- Editor, Equity Financing for Health Care Enterprises (Aspen Publishers, Inc. 1991).
- Legal Pedagogy: What Can We Learn From Business Schools, 39 Toledo Law Review 369 (2008).
- Health Price Controls? Say It Ain't So, Hillary, Crain's Chicago Business (April 1993).
- Legal Aspects of Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions, 15 Topics In Health Care Financing 62 (Summer 1989).
- Small Hospitals Should Be Allowed to Merge, 19 Modern Healthcare 54 (May 19, 1989).
- With G. C. McKann, "Raising Health Care Capital through the Public Equity Markets," in 55 Twelve Topics In Health Care Financing 37 (Aspen Publishers, Inc. 1986).
- With Kenneth C. Dunn, For Profit Status Creates New Financing Opportunities, 38 Healthcare Financial Management 36 (December 1984).
- With Kenneth C. Dunn, Becoming For Profit Helps Not-For-Profit Providers Cope with Financial Pressures, 14 Modern Healthcare 181 (March 1984).
- With L. S. Spector, Nuclear Waste Disposal: An International Legal Perspective, 1 NW. J. Int'l L. & Bus. 569 (1979).
- The Multinationals, World Issues 3 (December 1977/January 1978).
- Trade and Professional Associations, Practicing Law Inst. (1977).
- The Cumshaw Pot, 78 Harv. Mag. 27 (June 1976).
- Congressional Authority to Regulate the State Taxation of State Banks: The Federal Reserve's Recommendations for an Alternative to PL-156, 89 Banking L. J. 330 (1972).
- With L. S. Spector, Opening up the Suburbs: Notes on a Movement for Social Change, 81 Yale Rev. Law & Soc. Action 300 (1972).
- Inaugural Address, South Royalton, VT, October 2004.
- Note, The Equal Protection Clause and Exclusionary Zoning After Valtierra v. Dandridge, 81 Yale L. J. 61 (1971).