JD, Harvard University, 1975;
BA, Middlebury College, 1969
Book and Chapters
- "Affirmative Action in Higher Education: The Constitutional Constraints," in One Nation, Indivisible: The Civil Rights Challenge for the 1990's (1989).
- An Essay on the Passive Virtue of Baker v. State, 25 VT Law Rev. 93 (Fall 2000).
- In Opposition to Amending the Vermont Constitution, 25 VT Law Rev. 277 (Fall 2000).
- Public Black Colleges: The Long History of Unequal Instruction, Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (Spring 1994).
- Public Black Colleges: The Long History of Unequal Funding, Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (Winter 1993).
- Equal Opportunity in Higher Education and the Black Public College: The Era of Separate but Equal, 72 Minn. L. Rev. 29 (1987).
"Potter Stewart," in The Supreme Court Justices (Supreme Court Historical Society 1993).