JD, Harvard University, 1975;
BA, Middlebury College, 1969
Awards and Affiliations
Teaching at VLS:Professor at Vermont Law School since 1981.
Contributions to the Law:
- Testified seven times before Vermont House and Senate committees concerning the implementation of Baker v. State and civil unions.
- Wrote amicus brief as representative for black college's alumni association in United States vs. Fordice, only U.S. Supreme Court case on desegregation of black colleges, decided 1992.
- Assistant to the U.S. Secretary of Education, 1980-81.
- Counsel to Intelligence Oversight Board, 1979-80.
- Special Assistant to the General Counsel, Department of Defense, 1977-79.