James C. May
JD, Boston University, 1977;
MA, University of Virginia, 1970;
BA, Thomas More College, 1967
- James C. May, Maryann Zavez, Alexander W. Banks, and Arthur Edersheim, Vermont Law School South Royalton Legal Clinic Student Manual (1999-current eds.).
- James C. May and Alexander Banks, Lawyering for Children in High-Conflict Cases, Vt. B. J. 51 (Winter 2007).
- Hard Cases From Easy Cases Grow: In Defense of the Fact and Law Intensive Administrative Law Case, 32 J. Marshall L. Rev. 87 (1998).
- Creating Russia's First Law School Legal Clinic, Vt. B.J., Aug. 1997, at 43.
- The Law and Politics of Paying Teachers Salary Step Increases upon Expiration of a Collective Bargaining Agreement, 20 Vt. L. Rev. 753 (1996).
- Retaining AFDC Support for Nongraduating 18-Year-Old Students with Disabilities, Clearinghouse Rev. (May 1995).
- James C. May, with William E. Bonn, Lillette M. Granade, and Jesse A. Traugott,
"Interview of Maximilian W. Kempner" (2008). This videotape of Mr. Kempner, former
Dean of Vermont Law School and member of the Council on Legal Education and
Professional Responsibility (CLEPR), was made for inclusion in J. P. Ogilvy, "History of
Clinical Legal Education," a two-DVD set. This half-hour DVD segment was shown in part
at a dinner honoring CLEPR on its 40th anniversary, held at the Association of American
Law Schools (AALS) annual conference in San Diego, CA, in January 2009.
- James C. May, with Lillette M. Granade, VLS '10, "The South Royalton Legal Clinic: Its
History, Accomplishments and Needs" (2009). The original version of this 30 minute
Powerpoint production on the South Royalton Legal Clinic was presented to the Vermont
Law School Board of Trustees at their Summer 2008 meeting at Top Notch at Stowe,