JD, University of California at Los Angeles, 1981;
Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Grant, 1977-78;
MA, University of California at Los Angeles, 1975;
BA, George Washington University, 1973
Awards and Affiliations
Teaching at VLS:Professor at Vermont Law School since 1989.
Leadership and Service:
- Chair, law and anthropology section, Association of American Law Schools, 1996 and 2003.
- Chair, 1995, and Secretary, 1993, labor and employment law section, Association of American Law Schools.
Contributions to the Law:
- Testified on behalf of the tobacco statute authorizing the State of Vermont to bring a case against the tobacco manufacturers for Medicaid costs related to smoking, 2001.
- Testified before the Vermont senate judiciary committee on modification of the state's Human Rights Commission, 1995.
- Consultant for draft of employment law bill for Vermont, 1997.
- Associate Professor, Oklahoma City University Law School, 1988-89.
- Associate Visiting Professor, Albany Law School, 1987-88.
- Assistant Professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1982-87.