John D. Echeverria
MFS, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 1981;
JD, Yale Law School, 1981;
BA, Yale College, 1976
- Floodplain Protection and the Regulatory Takings Issue: Or How to Slay the Property Rights Goliath with Tweezers. John D. Echeverria, Northeast Conference on Flood Hazards, Liabilities, & Opportunities, Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont, October 2007.
- Presentation to the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 20th Annual Judicial Conference.
John D. Echeverria, Denver, Colorado, October 11, 2007.
- Where We Stand on the Takings Issue. John D. Echeverria, The American Planning Association Policy Conference, Washington, D.C., October 1, 2007.
- The Regulatory Takings Agenda. John D. Echeverria, The Nature Conservancy Western Regional Meeting, San Francisco, California, January 30, 2007.
- The Regulatory Takings Issue and Environmental Protection. John D. Echeverria, Sierra Club, Sante Fe, New Mexico, December 9, 2006.
- The Fairness Debate Spawned by Kelo and Oregon Measure 37. John D. Echeverria,
PlaceMatters 2006, Denver, Colorado, October 19, 2006.
- Kelo's Unanswered Questions: Policy Issues Raised by the Use of Eminent Domain for Economic Development. John D. Echeverria, Annie Casey Foundation,
September 21, 2006
- The Takings Issue: the Historical Background. John D. Echeverria,
Georgetown University Law Center, June 27, 2006.
- From a "Darkling Plain" to What?: The Regulatory Takings Issue in U.S. Law and Policy, The Norman Williams Distinguished Lecture in Land Use Planning and the Law. This talk was sponsored by the Environmental Law Center and the Land Use Institute at Vermont Law School (February 9, 2006).
- Response to Kelo: On November 4, 2005, John Echeverria testified before the New York State Assembly on the use of eminent domain for economic development purposes. Click here to view the transcript of his testimony.