L. Kinvin Wroth
LLB, Harvard University, 1960;
BA, Yale University, 1954
- Organized, planned, and presented a brief paper entitled "Hold Back the Sea: The Common Law and the Constitution" at, the "Workshop on Water" conducted jointly by LUI with the McGill Faculty of Law at VLS on October 24, 2009.
- Planned, moderated, and spoke at a panel on statewide planning at a conference to celebrate the 40th anniversary of ct 250 cosponsored by the Land Use Institute, the Vermont Attorney General's office, and the Vermont Bar Association and held in the House Chamber at the Vermont State House, Montpelier, on October 21, 2009. See https://www.vtbar.org/Upload%20Files/WebPages/CLE/2009seminar/Act250/act250index.htm.
- Participated in a panel entitled "The View from South of the Border" as part of a symposium on "Innovation in Legal Education: Ideas for the 21st Century" held at Ryerson University, Toronto, to explore issues pertinent to the possible development of a law school at Ryerson, November 25, 2008 (see http://www.ryerson.ca/law/Summary%20Notes%20Ryerson%20Law%20Symposium%20final%20jan26-09.pdf, pp. 6-8;
- Presentation on "The Multinational Practice of Law: Its Impact on North American Legal Education," as part of a panel entitled "Faculties of Law under Pressure: Internationalization, Professional Constraints, and Globalization," at the Annual Conference of the Canadian Association of Law Teachers, Montreal, May 27, 2008.
- Organized, moderated, and participated in two programs of the AALS Section on North American Cooperation, "Canada and Mexico: Their UN Diplomatic Agendas" and "North American Cross-Border Practice and the Law Schools" at the AALS Annual Meeting, January 5 and 6, 2008.
- Organized, prepared materials for, and moderated a program entitled "Ethics 2000 Comes to Vermont," at the Vermont Bar Association annual meeting on September 25, 2009-a review of the recent substantial amendments to the Vermont Rules of Professional Conduct, for which I was Reporter. See https://www.vtbar.org/Upload Files/WebPages/CLE/2009annualmeeting/materials/17ethics.pdf.
- Organized, prepared materials for, and moderated programs on "What's New with the Rules" at the September and March Vermont Bar Association meetings, September 2007-September 2009, See, e.g., https://www.vtbar.org/Upload%20Files/WebPages/CLE/2008annualmeeting/materials/8rules/vba%20rules-092608.doc, https://www.vtbar.org/Upload%20Files/WebPages/CLE/midyearmeeting/2009mym/materials/3rules/rules.htm), and https://www.vtbar.org/Upload Files/WebPages/CLE/2009annualmeeting/materials/14evidence.htm;
- Co-moderated working group sessions bringing together utility regulators and executives and land use regulators and developers at VLS on October 23, and November 28, 2007, as part of a joint Land Use Institute-Institute for Energy and the Environment project, "Energy and Land Use: Merging the Regulatory Streams."
- Introduced program, panelists, and keynote speaker and participated in the final panel, "Where Do We Go from Here?", Northeast Conference on Flood Hazards, Liability and Opportunities, jointly sponsored by the Land Use Institute with the Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission, the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, and the Vermont League of Cities and Towns, at VLS, October 15, 2007.