Director of the Center for Agriculture and Food Systems and Associate Professor of Law
Certificate in Executive Leadership, American University (Washington, D.C.), 2012;
MPA, George Mason University, 1997 ;
JD, University of Iowa, 1991 ;
BA, University of Michigan (Residential College), 1988
In the News
- Professor Ristino was featured in "How Your Food May Be Causing Climate Change" on Huffington Post's "Food for Thought" live webcam discussion, February 17, 2014. The conversation focused on the fossil fuels that go into our industrialized food system.
- Professor Ristino is quoted in "Pushing 'Good Food' at Vermont Law School," Seven Days, February 6, 2014. The article features the Winter 2014 edition of Vermont Law School's alumni magazine, Loquitur, which focuses on food and agriculture issues in the law, highlighting the Center for Agriculture and Food Systems (CAFS).
- Professor Ristino's commentary, "The Business of Climate Change," is published on VTDigger.org on February 4, 2014. This commentary reflects on the New York Times's January 23rd story on Coca-Cola Co. conceding that climate change threatens its bottom line.
- Professor Ristino wrote an op-ed called Changing Coalitions and the 2014 Farm Bill for JURIST on January 27, 2014.
- Professor Ristino discusses the farm bill on Allegheny Front Environmental Radio, January 22, 2014.
- Professor Ristino is interviewed on the Vermont Law Top 10 Environmental Watch List for 2014 in "Environmental Watch List Focuses on Climate Change Issues," WAMC Northeast Public Radio, on December 26, 2013.
- Professor Ristino discusses food security issues in purchase of Smithfield Foods by China's Shuanghui International in "Feeding 9 Billion on a Hot and Hungry Planet," Yale Forum on Climate Change & the Media, November 5, 2013.