JD, University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1989;
BSN, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1979
- (Un)restoring the Chemical, Physical, and Biological Integrity of Our Nation's Waters: The Emerging Clean Water Act Jurisprudence of the Roberts Court, forthcoming in the Virginia Environmental Law Journal, Vol. 28;
- Bush v. Obama: The Fight for the Soul of Science in Environmental Policymaking, forthcoming in the Seattle University Environmental Law Journal's symposium book covering environmental law and the first year of the Obama administration;
- The 2008-2009 Term and the Clean Water Act: Justice Kennedy Where Art Thou? forthcoming in the New England Law Review's symposium book on the Supreme Court's 2008 Term environmental cases
- Environmental Liabilities and the Federal Securities Laws: A Proposal for Improved Disclosure of Climate Change-Related Liabilities, 39 Envtl. L. 647 (2009).
- The Sunnyside of Climate Change (book review of B. Lomborg, Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming), 9 Vt. J. Envtl. L. 629 (2008).
- The Rehnquist Court and the Pollution Control Cases: Anti-Environmental and Pro-Business? University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law (Fall 2007).
- "Rapanos v. United States: Significant Nexus or Significant Confusion? The Failure of the Supreme Court to Clearly Define the Scope of Federal Wetland Jurisdiction," in The Supreme Court and the Clean Water Act: Five Essays, 4 Vermont Journal of Environmental Law (2006).
- After Tennessee Valley Authority v. Whitman: Should Courts Be More Receptive to Preenforcement Review of EPA Administrative Orders?, Envtl. L. Rep. (Environmental Law Institute September 2005).
- Co-author, The Federal Wetlands Program: A Regulatory Program Run Amuck, 34 BNA Envtl. Rep., April 25, 2003, at 966.
- EPA Regulation of Biotechnology, Wash. Bus. J., June 7, 2002 (supplement).
- Co-author, U.S. EPA’s Year 2000 Enforcement Policy: Is Your Environmental Control Equipment Ready to Face the New Millennium?, Gravure Mag.
- Co-author, The Illinois Site Remediation Program: Turning Brownfields Green, Chicago Bar Association Record.
- Maintaining Confidentiality of Environmental Audits: Legal Protections, 29 Journal of Health and Hospital Law (Jan./Feb. 1996).
- Contributing author, American Bar Association, Natural Resources, Energy & Environmental Law, Year in Review, Water Quality and Wetlands, 1995 Annual Report and 1996 Annual Report.
- Environmental Disclosure Obligations in Residential Real Estate Transactions (part of course materials for ABA Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law 1998 annual meeting).
- Commerce Clause Challenges to Landfill Statutes and Regulations: An Overview (part of course materials for ABA’s Section of Environment, Energy and Resources fall meeting, October, 1999).