JD, University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1989;
BSN, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1979
- "Environmental Lawsuits & Corporate Social Responsibility: The Role of Litigation in Promoting Good Environmental Practice Climate Change Litigation and Corporate Social Responsibility," Fordham University Law School, New York, NY, March 2010.
- Panelist, "Careers in Environmental Law" panel, Law School Success panel, National Black Pre-Law Conference, University of Houston, Houston, TX, October 2, 2009.
- Panelist, "The Path Towards Tenure," Northeast People of Color Legal Scholarship Conference
Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA, September 3, 2008.
- "Nuts and Bolts of CERCLA Liability" (part of Brownfields Redevelopment CLE Program),
Vermont Law School, South Royalton, VT, June 2008.
- "The Clean Water Act: A Framework for Exploring Environmental Enforcement in the United States," Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China, June 5, 2008.
- "RCRA, CERCLA, and Parallels with the Circular Economy Law," Conference: "Energy Efficiency and the Circular Economy," Sun Yat-sen University School of Law, Guangzhou, China, May 11–12, 2007.
- Panelist, "The Mid-term Elections and the Environment," Annual Conference of the Society of Environmental Journalists, Burlington, VT, October 25–29, 2006.
- Panelist, “Role of the State in Regulating Land Use Planning,” Land Use Institute Conference: “Vermont By Design: Next Steps,” Vermont Law School, February 14, 2006.
- Panelist, "Environmental Perspectives on Homeland Security," Illinois Environmental Law Conference, Chicago, IL, 2003.
- Panelist, "Commerce Clause Issues Associated with Landfill Siting," ABA's Section of Environment, Energy and Resources Meeting, San Diego, CA, 1999.
- "Analysis of Proposed Revisions to the Illinois Facility Planning Area Process," Government Affairs in Water Pollution Control, Naperville, IL, 1999.
- Lecturer and Faculty Member, "Environmental Due Diligence," Annual Comprehensive Corporate Due Diligence, Practicing Law Institute, Chicago, 1997–98.
- Panelist, "Environmental Disclosure Obligations in Residential Real Estate Transactions," ABA's Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Annual Meeting, American Bar Association, San Antonio, TX, 1998.
- Panelist, "CLE Seminar Urban Brownfield Redevelopment Case Studies and Strategies," Chicago Bar Association, 1993.