Martha L. Judy
JD, Yale University, 1989;
BSF, Purdue University, 1981
Book and Chapters
- Martha L. Judy & O. Thomas Armstrong, Jr., Chapter 3: Cost Recovery under CERCLA:
The Impact of Aviall and Atlantic Research on Voluntary Cleanups in the forthcoming
third edition of BROWNFIELDS: A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO REDEVELOPING
CONTAMINATED PROPERTY, edited by Todd S. Davis
- "Negotiation: The Key to Surviving Superfund," in Managing Superfund's Impact: A First-Aid Kit (1993).
- Coming Full CERCLA: Why Burlington Northern is Not the Sword of
Damocles for Joint and Several Liabiltiy, 44 NEW ENGLAND LAW REVIEW 249 (2010)
- Martha L. Judy & Katherine N. Probst, Superfund at 30, 11 VT. J. ENVTL. L. 191, 199
- Martha L. Judy & Thomas Armstrong, Jr., U.S. v. Atlantic Research: The Supreme Court
Re-Opens the Road to CERCLA Cost Recovery, SUPERFUND AND NAT. RESOURCE LIT.
COMMITTEE DAMAGES NEWSL. (Am. Bar Ass'n, Chi., Ill.), July 2008
- Collaborated with environmental law professors from Lewis and Clark, Boston College,
University of Michigan, and Pace Law Schools to write a Brief for Amici Curiae Natural
Resources Defense Council and Several Environmental Law Professors in Support of
Respondent before the U.S. Supreme Court for U.S. v. Atlantic Research Corporation
- Cooper v. Aviall: A Monkey Wrench in the Cost-Recovery Toolbox or a Second Chance for Section 107(a)(4)(B)?, 26 Andrews Envtl. Litig. Rep. (July 14, 2006).
- With Anthony Z. Roisman and Daniel Stein, Preserving Justice: Defending Toxic Tort Litigation, XV Fordham Envtl L. Rev. 191 (2004).
- With William F. Funk, Craig N. Johnston, Nina A. Mendelson, Jeffrey G. Miller, Patrick A. Parenteau, Zygmunt J.B. Plater, and Natural Resources Defense Council, Amici Curiae Brief submitted to U.S. Supreme Court in the case of U.S. v. Atlantic Research Corporation (2007).
- With David Bridgers, Cleaning Up the Old Springfield Landfill: A Case Study of the Superfund Process (1994). (A report for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) (unpublished manuscript on file with Environmental Law Center, Vermont Law School)
- Editor, Final Consensus Report Of The National Commission On Superfund (1994). (A report for the National Commission on Superfund by the Environmental Law Center (Vermont Law School) and the Keystone Center, Keystone, CO) (unpublished manuscript, on file with Environmental Law Center, Vermont Law School)