Martha L. Judy
JD, Yale University, 1989;
BSF, Purdue University, 1981
- Superfund at 30
Fordham Environmental Law Review's Conference on "Environmental Lawsuits and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Role of Litigation in Promoting Good Environmental Practice"
Fordham University, New York City, NY, March 5, 2010
- Is the CERCLA Still Unbroken? Liability after the U.S. Supreme Court's
Burlington Northern and Shell Oil Decision
Summer 2009 Hot Topics in Environmental Law
Montpelier, VT, July 17, 2009
- Brown to Green Redeveloping Brownfields in the Green Mountain State,
moderator and panelist, Vermont Land Use Institute Brownfields 2008 Conference
South Royalton, VT, June 2008
- "Rebuilding America Green," National Association of Environmental Law Societies Annual Conference, March 2008.
- "From Traffic Directing to Plain Meaning: U.S. v. Atlantic Research—Answers for the Supreme Court to Restore Voluntary Cleanup," Hot Topics in Environmental Law speaker series, Vermont Law School, July 2007.
- "The Historic Hudson River: Cleanup Controversy at a Superfund Mega Site," Society of Environmental Journalists, October 2006.
- "Life after Cooper Industries v. Aviall Services: Restoring Voluntary Cleanup to Superfund (or NOT)" Hot Topics in Environmental Law speaker series, Vermont Law School, June 2006.
- Facilitator, "Land Use by Design," February 24, 2006.
- "Repairing CERCLA (and Voluntary Cleanup) after the Supreme Court's Decision in Cooper Industries v. Aviall Services," Faculty Affairs, Vermont Law School, April 2005.
- "Cooper Industries v. Aviall Services: Will the Supreme Court End Voluntary Cleanup under Superfund?" Hot Topics in Environmental Law Speaker Series, Vermont Law School, June 2004.
- "Toxins in the Environment," Dartmouth Community Medical School, April 2000.
- Environmental Clinical Faculty Meeting, Tulane University School of Law, January 1999.
- AALS Environmental Law Section panel on Experiential Alternatives to Live Client Environmental Clinics, New Orleans, LA, January 1999.
- “CERCLA Operator Liability after CPC International,” Vermont Bar Association, The Supreme Court in Review, South Royalton, VT 05068, April 1998.
- "Retroactive Liability After the Olin Decision," panelist, Environmental Law Institute, Washington, DC, 1996.
- Facilitated numerous dialogues on Superfund with citizens, environmentalists, local governments, and industry for U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1991-94.
- Environmental law seminar for federal judges, Woodstock, VT, 1994.
- "Negotiation and Environmental Dispute Resolution for Citizens," San Francisco, Dallas, and Boston, 1994.
- EPA/ICMA Superfund Revitalization conferences, San Francisco and Atlanta, 1993, and Chicago, 1992.
- Federal judges seminar, Vermont Law School, 1993.
- "Superfund Seminar: Strategic Advice for Local Government Officials," Boston and San Francisco, 1992.
- Numerous presentations on environmental law, public trust law, CERCLA, and negotiation and environmental dispute resolution.