Martha L. Judy
JD, Yale University, 1989;
BSF, Purdue University, 1981
Awards and Affiliations
Teaching at VLS:Professor at Vermont Law School since 1994.
Leadership and Service:
- Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Petroleum Brownfields Project, 2005.
- Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Planning Commission Brownfields Steering Committee, 2002–present.
- Member, Brookfield (VT) Planning Commission, since 1997.
- Member, Vermont Gender Bias Task Force, since 1996.
- Cofounder and Research Director, National Commission on Superfund, 1991–94.
- Admitted to Practice, Vermont Bar, 1989.
Contributions to the Law:
- Testified on hazardous materials, solid waste, and recycling legislation before Vermont legislature, 1989–1990.
- Coordinated preparation, public review, and editing of Act 200 state agency plans, 1989–1990.
- Testified before Michigan legislature on forestry and wildlife issues, 1982–1984.
- National Association of Environmental Law Societies Board of Directors, 2001–2005.
- Research Director, National Commission on Superfund, 1991-1994.
- Director, Superfund Project, Vermont Law School's Environmental Law Center, 1991-1994.
- Policy Analyst, Office of Policy Research, Montpelier, Vt., 1989-1991.
- Chair, State Agency Planning Working Group.