JD, Vermont Law School, 1996;
MSEL, Vermont Law School, 1996;
BS, Linfield College, 1992
- "A New Paradox of Wilderness Restoration: Public Participation and Public Virtue," William Throop and Rebecca Purdom, Binghamton University, Luther College, Nov. 2004.
- "The ESA Meets the Sparred Owl; Conflicts in Genetics and Public Policy," Rebecca Purdom, A Delicate Balance, Green Mountain College, Fall 2004.
- "Preserving Restoration as a Substantive Policy Goal," William Throop and Rebecca Purdom, Society for Ecological Restoration, August 2004.
- "Protecting Biodiversity by Preserving Wilderness: A Reconsideration" William Throop and Rebecca Purdom, Society for Conservation Biology July 2004.
- "Why Wilderness Now?: Science, Public Perception and Wildlands Policy" William Throop and Rebecca Purdom Conference on Environment and Community, Saratoga, NY, February 2004; University of Vermont 2004.
- "The Legal and Philosophical Challenges of Design" William Throop and Rebecca Purdom Society for Ecological Restoration, November 2003.
- Vermont Campus Compact Environmental Service Learning Conference, "Service Learning at Green Mountain College; Client Conundrums and Partner Possibilities: The Service Learning Client," Middlebury, Vermont (June, 2003).
- Preservation Trust of Vermont Annual Conference, "Citizen Initiatives in Small Communities, Framing Your Community Project for Success," Rutland, Vermont (May, 2002).
- Society for Human Ecology, Northeast Regional Conference "New Models for Sustainable Corporate-Nonprofit Partnerships," Keene, New Hampshire (April, 2002).
- Northern Taconic Research Consortium, "Investigating Historical Land Use Patterns in the Northern Taconics, and the Implications for Conservation," Manchester, Vermont (November, 2001).