Reed Elizabeth Loder
JD, University of Connecticut, 1983;
PhD, Boston University, 1979;
MA, Boston University, 1977;
AB, Boston University, 1969
Awards and Affiliations
- Fellow, National Institute for Teaching of Ethics and Professionalism (NIFTEP Fellow), 2006-2007
Teaching at VLS:Professor at Vermont Law School since 1989; tenured since 1993.
Leadership and Service:
- New Hampshire Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics, 2001-present.
- Numerous pro bono consulting, counseling, and drafting services on ethics issues including conflict of interest, ethics policies, and applied and professional ethics, since 1989.
- Legal ethics commentator on New Hampshire Supreme Court impeachment trial, New Hampshire Public Television and Radio, 2000.
- Visiting Professor Dartmouth College, co-taught "Ethics in the Professions,” 1990 - 1993.
- Part-time piecework in general litigation firm of Peckham, Lebel, Casey and Tye, Boston, 1985-87.
- Professor of research and writing, Boston College Law School, 1984-89.
- Clerk, The Hon. Thomas P. Smith, U.S. Magistrate, U.S. District Court, Bridgeport, CT 1983-1984.
- Bar Memberships: Supreme Judicial Court, MA since 1984; U.S. District Court, S. District CT since 1984; CT Superior Court since 1983.