Attorney, Curtis Thaxter, LLC
Fully-Sponsored Backcountry Skier
The Work // Focuses on land-use and zoning disputes, energy matters, and administrative appeals.
Recent Accomplishment // Starred in 2013 web series “Working for the Weekend,” produced by Meathead Films and Ski the east. Was among the Maine environmentalists, officials, and business leaders invited to speak at a March 2014 press conference about the effects of climate change on the ski industry.
Outdoor Passion // Backcountry skiing.
In Her Own Words // “My segment in the film ‘No Matter What’ won the best powder award at the 2013 Powder Video Awards. At Vermont Law School, I wrote a peer-reviewed legal article on resolving environmental disputes that won the highest award in legal writing in the U.S.—I received the award from Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor at the Library of Congress. Winning the Powder Award and the National Legal Writing Award are my best achievements from my separate lives.”
More Profiles from "Call of the Wild" Series
- Ben Leoni, ATTORNEY, CURTIS THAXTER, LLC
- Veronica Warnock, CONSERVATION DIRECTOR
- Reggie Hall, DIRECTOR, LAND CONSERVATION LOAN PROGRAM
- Allison Buckley, NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER
- Mike O'Brien, ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL
- Megan Hooker, ASSOCIATE STEWARDSHIP DIRECTOR
- Stacy Tatman, ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS MANAGER
- Eliza Donoghue, NORTH WOODS POLICY ADVOCATE AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR
- Theresa Labriola, WEST COAST FISHERIES PROJECT DIRECTOR
- Kate Brown, PROJECT MANAGER, TRUST FOR PUBLIC LAND
- Cyndy Kozara, TRAIL PRESERVATION SPECIALIST