Trail Preservation Specialist
Green Mountain Horse Association (GMHA)
The Work // Negotiates easements for equestrian trail riding in a four-town region of central Vermont, for the nation’s oldest continuously operating horse organization.
Recent Accomplishment // Developed the GMHA’s Trail and Open Space Preservation Program and Planned Giving Program. Successfully led a $490,000 campaign to protect a 71-acre parcel forming the scenic backdrop to the village of South Woodstock.
Outdoor Passions // Hiking, flat-water paddling, bird watching, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing.
In Her Own Words // “With every trail easement, land owners are preserving something with true historical and cultural value. Although the legal document has flexibility so that both parties can achieve their goals, the permanent nature of the easement is non-negotiable. The work is too important to be temporary.”
More Profiles from "Call of the Wild" Series
- Ben Leoni, ATTORNEY, CURTIS THAXTER, LLC
- Veronica Warnock, CONSERVATION DIRECTOR
- Reggie Hall, DIRECTOR, LAND CONSERVATION LOAN PROGRAM
- Allison Buckley, NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER
- Mike O'Brien, ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL
- Megan Hooker, ASSOCIATE STEWARDSHIP DIRECTOR
- Stacy Tatman, ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS MANAGER
- Eliza Donoghue, NORTH WOODS POLICY ADVOCATE AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR
- Theresa Labriola, WEST COAST FISHERIES PROJECT DIRECTOR
- Kate Brown, PROJECT MANAGER, TRUST FOR PUBLIC LAND
- Cyndy Kozara, TRAIL PRESERVATION SPECIALIST