Associate General Counsel
University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF)
The Work // Advises UAF on full spectrum of legal issues, including training student and employee groups. In recent outdoor-related initiatives, responsible for meeting state ski area requirements and for crafting safety, training, and enforcement protocols.
Recent Accomplishment // Recipient of Alaska’s 2013 Staff Make Students Count Award for his lead role in creating UAF’s Nanook Terrain Park and outdoor ice-climbing wall—the first recreational facilities of their kind on American college campuses.
Outdoor Passion // Cross-country skiing, ice climbing, distance running.
In Her Own Words // “The lawyer saying ‘no’ can be the death knell to any project involving risk. that’s why I try to stay open and curious. In my own life outdoors, I’m usually the one taking risks—and I know what the reward can be when you manage them properly.”
More Profiles from "Call of the Wild" Series
- Ben Leoni, ATTORNEY, CURTIS THAXTER, LLC
- Veronica Warnock, CONSERVATION DIRECTOR
- Reggie Hall, DIRECTOR, LAND CONSERVATION LOAN PROGRAM
- Allison Buckley, NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER
- Mike O'Brien, ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL
- Megan Hooker, ASSOCIATE STEWARDSHIP DIRECTOR
- Stacy Tatman, ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS MANAGER
- Eliza Donoghue, NORTH WOODS POLICY ADVOCATE AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR
- Theresa Labriola, WEST COAST FISHERIES PROJECT DIRECTOR
- Kate Brown, PROJECT MANAGER, TRUST FOR PUBLIC LAND
- Cyndy Kozara, TRAIL PRESERVATION SPECIALIST